Project Support Officer – Estates
The Old Police House, Hyde Park, London
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, Green Park, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Park, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
We are now looking for a Project Support Officer to join our team, working from our offices in the Old Police House in Hyde Park.
- Salary of £27,390 - £33,330 per annum, depending on experience.
- Pension scheme
- 26 days’ holiday per annum
If you are an administrative professional with fantastic support experience, this is a superb opportunity to enable project work that ensures the conservation of irreplaceable landscapes throughout London.
We provide comprehensive training to support you to build upon your current skill set and gain valuable experience in project management.
So, if you are looking for a career in administration with a difference where you can get a unique glimpse at how we manage some of London’s most beautiful spaces, we want to hear from you.
As a Project Support Officer, you will enable the work of the Director of Estates and Projects, the Project Manager and the Projects Team through support and admin practices.
Working on selected projects and programmes, you will:
- Arrange and circulate documents and take minutes for monthly meetings
- Manage budgets and track financial spending for multiple projects
- Support the administration of The Project Approval Group
- Assist in processing invoices and raising purchase orders and receipts
- Manage the diary for the department
- Ensure project ledgers, logs and databases are up to date
- Support the creation of first drafts of project briefs
To join us as a Project Support Officer, you will need:
- Substantial experience of providing a high standard of administrative support to a variety of teams, colleagues and projects
- Experience of monitoring and reporting on the progress of a range of different project activities
- Experience of using MS Excel to accurately track and report on financial data, the processing of purchase orders and recording invoices
- Experience of providing detailed and thorough minutes
- Diary management skills and experience of arranging meetings
- Strong IT skills including proficient use of Microsoft Office suite
- At a minimum, GCSEs at grades 4 - 9 or A* - C in Maths and English
Ideally, you will hold a PRINCE2 project management certification, but this is not essential. The ability to improve processes and procedures to provide better information to senior management and assistance to staff would also be beneficial.
If you are looking for a diverse challenge as a Project Support Officer, please apply via the button shown.
You will be asked to submit your CV and Personal statement, which should evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the essential and or desirable competencies of the Person Specification within the attached Job Description.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
The closing date for this role is the 1st of March 2020.
Interviews will be scheduled for week commencing 9th March 2020
The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.