The Royal Parks is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are: Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park. We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other public spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for a Communications and Digital Assistant to join our team on a 12-month fixed-term contract, working 36 hours per week.
- Salary of £23,290 - £27,000 per annum
- 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Reduced gym membership
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme - available to all staff and family members
- Free eye tests and flu vaccinations
This is a brilliant opportunity for a media and communications professional with a passion for nature and horticulture to join our exceptional team.
This role is an unparalleled opportunity to gain experience promoting some of London’s most prestigious, and importantly, accessible green spaces.
So, if you’re looking to enter the charity sector whilst promoting our brilliant green oases, we want to hear from you!
As a Communications and Digital Assistant, you will provide communications and digital support to all teams across our organisation to enable the effective delivery of our communication strategy.
Specifically, you will work across all platforms including our digital and social channels to achieve our communications objectives and KPIs, whilst also ensuring the smooth running of our press office.
Crucially, you will create original and engaging cross-platform content and lead on raising the profile of our horticulture work across the Parks, particularly the Hyde Park Super Nursery.
Additionally, you will:
- Assist the Senior Communications Officers in identifying PR opportunities
- Draft press releases and Q&As and statements for reactive media enquiries
- Set up press interviews and track and evaluate coverage across online, print and broadcast media
- Maintain our media contact list ensuring it covers a range of outlets and channels
To be considered as our Communications and Digital Assistant, you will need:
- Experience of creating and editing content across media platforms including digital and social
- Experience of working collaboratively across teams
- The ability to understand and translate complex information quickly
- Excellent proofreading skills
- The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of contacts internally and externally
- Excellent communications skills
- To be highly organised with the ability to multi-task and work to short deadlines while juggling multiple priorities
- Good computer skills, including using Microsoft Office and Excel
Ideally, you will have some experience of working in a fast-paced media environment, including in a PR role or as a journalist, but equally this role would suit a self-starter with a passion and enthusiasm for communications.
It would be beneficial if you held a degree in a relevant subject such as journalism, PR or media and communications.
Other organisations might call this position Marketing Assistant, Digital Marketing Assistant, Marketing Co-ordinator, PR Officer, Marketing Campaign Assistant, Campaigns Assistant, Communications Assistant, or Marcoms Assistant.
The Royal Parks is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.