HGV Driver Apprentice
This Apprenticeship is ideal if you are looking to further your career in driving and delivering goods.
We have a solid training programme to support you in obtaining the necessary licences so we can get you out on the road. It’s not just a driving job - you’ll be required to accurately and efficiently deliver products whilst all the time putting safety first.
The starting salary for this role is £20,840, with planned increases once licences are obtained. The salary after successful completion of the apprenticeship will be £30,387
You will obtain the following licences/qualifications:
- Class 2 Licence and CPC
- ADR Class 3 in Tanks
As part of a Driver Apprenticeship at Certas Energy you will learn:
- How to safely make fuel deliveries to both domestic and commercial customers
- To operate the vehicle and depot equipment
- Health and Safety practices, procedures, regulations and legislation
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and customers when required
- Communicate and promote the companies ‘Core Values’
We are looking for:
- Previous experience in a delivery role with multiple drops, such as van work or 3.5T driving
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of manual handling
- Commitment to a long term career within the driving and logistics industry
- A can do attitude
Are you a Certas Energy Tanker Driver? We’re looking for:
- Class 2 HGV Licence
- Class 3 ADR Certificate in tanks
- Excellent Health & Safety Knowledge
- Knowledge of the local area would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent customer service and quality standards
Certas Energy is the leading independent distributor of fuels and lubricants in the UK. With a national network of over 130 depots, over 900 tankers, more than 800 retail forecourts, fuel cards usable at over 2,000 sites, it is our 2,300 colleagues who keep our business moving each day.
Our team is an essential part of the robust infrastructure that consistently and dependably delivers billions of litres of high-quality fuel and associated services to homes and businesses all over the UK each year.
We’re proud of our range of innovative fuel supply and management services and are committed to provide industry leading solutions in liquid fuels, as the worlds energy mix evolves towards a zero emissions future. From the option to offset carbon emissions with each fuel order, to providing cleaner burning fuels that lower harmful emission of PM and NOx, Certas Energy strive to make our energy expertise count for all of our customers.
We have a strong culture of safety and compliance principles, driven by our dedicated Safety F1rst and Doing the Right Thing Initiatives. This, teamed with our many programmes of learning, development and talent nurture, means that we can support our colleagues to grow and thrive within a fast paced working environment. This is fundamental to good business performance, and integral to our long-term business success.