We currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Management Accountant to work at our office in Larbert. We are offering a competitive salary for the position and as an Assistant Management Accountant you will be expected to provide support to the existing management accounts team.
In this exciting role as an Assistant Management Accountant you should possess a knowledge of basic Accounting principles. A CIMA/ACCA part qualification and/or other relevant Accountancy/Finance degree is strongly desirable but not mandatory as we will provide exam support where desired.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and produce daily sectoral reports
- Preparing and posting of month end journals including accruals and prepayments
- Overhead analysis and reporting
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Budgeting and monthly forecasting of overheads
- Liaising with different areas of the business to ensure accuracy of cost allocation
- Other ad-hoc duties within the department
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Display pro-active and flexible approach
- Strong excel skills
- Knowledge of the CODAS / Cognos systems is an advantage but not essential
Benefits also provided by Certas include discount schemes, pension scheme and holiday buy and sell options. This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience and grow within the UKs largest independent retailer of fuels and lubricants.
Certas Energy is the leading independent distributor of fuels and lubricants in the UK. With a national network of over 130 depots, over 900 tankers, more than 800 retail forecourts, fuel cards usable at over 2,000 sites, it is our 2,300 colleagues who keep our business moving each day.
Our team is an essential part of the robust infrastructure that consistently and dependably delivers billions of litres of high-quality fuel and associated services to homes and businesses all over the UK each year.
We’re proud of our range of innovative fuel supply and management services and are committed to provide industry leading solutions in liquid fuels, as the worlds energy mix evolves towards a zero emissions future. From the option to offset carbon emissions with each fuel order, to providing cleaner burning fuels that lower harmful emission of PM and NOx, Certas Energy strive to make our energy expertise count for all of our customers.
We have a strong culture of safety and compliance principles, driven by our dedicated Safety F1rst and Doing the Right Thing Initiatives. This, teamed with our many programmes of learning, development and talent nurture, means that we can support our colleagues to grow and thrive within a fast paced working environment. This is fundamental to good business performance, and integral to our long-term business success.
The successful candidate for the position of Assistant Management Accountant will be offered the position on Certas Energy terms and conditions of employment.
Certas Energy Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.