Are you looking to start a new career and develop new skills? Have you recently left education and are looking to start your career in an engineering role?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Apprentice Heating Engineer working in the Lincoln area
We are currently looking for an Apprentice to join our Nationwide Team of Oil Firing Technicians.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with experience or a qualification in plumbing / heating. However, full training will be provided to enable our Apprentice Heating Service Engineers to service, maintain and repair oil fired boilers and systems in accordance with recognised standards. You will also have the opportunity to gain further qualifications based upon Property Maintenance tasks.
Benefits for this role include:
- Competitive salary
- Apprenticeship opportunities
- Full training and support
- Company Vehicle
- Uniform, Tools and Equipment supplied
- Qualifications, including OFTEC certificate
Certas Energy is the largest independent distributor of fuels and lubricants in the UK. Employing in excess of 2500 people, we have locations spread across the mainland, the Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and the Isle of Wight.
Responsibilities as a Apprentice Heating Engineer:
- To undertake Service / Breakdown visits.
- To maintain Oil Fired Boilers & Systems in accordance with recognised standards and company procedures.
- To attend Service Calls as per work schedule covered by contractual agreements, manufacturer’s instructions and current regulations & requirements.
- To maintain Oil Fired Boilers & Heating Systems.
- To respond to Breakdown & Emergency calls promptly to investigate faults, carry out remedial work and to ensure that Boilers and Systems are tested, operational and safe.
- To advise customers on the correct and safe use of their appliance and system.
Application requirements for a Apprentice Heating Engineer:
- Full Driving Licence
- A qualification in a plumbing or heating is desirable
- Oftec qualification is desirable
- Self Motivated and reliable
We employ 2,500 colleagues based across our depots around the UK from the highlands of Scotland to the Channel Islands. We recruit sales people to sell our fuel, oils and lubricants as well as drivers to deliver the products to our customers who may be individual home owners, farmers, small or large businesses! Also essential to our business are our management teams and colleagues within, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT, Health and Safety and Legal. In addition, we have a dedicated team of service engineers who work within Team Energy. Key to our success are our people and our learning and development team ensure we can nurture our talent and support colleagues with their aspirations and growth through programmes such as Inspire, our WOW training courses and apprenticeships.
It’s also worth noting we are part of the wider DCC PLC group which is a FTSE 100 company. Being part of the group gives our colleagues opportunities to work alongside other businesses to share best practice and develop into roles across the businesses in the group.
We work as one team, making our energy expertise and outstanding service count for all our customers.